There are two reasons for logging into Smart Search and/or the Off-Campus access portal:
- To check your library account to renew materials, check due dates, request items, etc.: This is shown in steps 1-4 below
- To access the full-text of an article or book from off campus: This is shown in step 5 below. This is for current SRJC students, staff and faculty only.
1) In Smart Search, click on "Sign In"
2) Select SRJC Sign if you are a currently registered student or SRJC staff/faculty:
3) Enter your SRJC credentials.
4) If sign in was successful, then you'll see your name at the top of Smart Search.
5) If you are off campus, there will be one additional login screen when you try to access a specific book or article. Use the same credentials you use for signing into Smart Search:
If you are unable to login, see the suggestions for your specific user type (student, staff/faculty, community, etc.)
- For students, Smart Search login uses the SRJC Portal Login, which uses the same username/password that you use to log into your student portal. For example: 888888888 and your unique password
- Off-campus access uses the same credentials; must be currently registered for a class for off-campus access
- Login help for students
Staff & Faculty
- For staff and faculty, Smart Search login uses the SRJC Portal Login, which uses the same username/password that you use to log into a District computer. For example: jjones and your unique password.
- Off-campus access uses the same credentials; must be currently employed for off-campus access
- Login help for staff/faculty
- We are currently working on logins for our community users. If you need to request or renew materials, please call the Circulation Desk at either library and we will take care of if for you
- Off-campus access to full-text of articles, books and videos is not available for community users, however, anyone can search Smart Search to see the initial list of results