The SRJC Libraries primarily support the educational process at the College. Current SRJC students, faculty, and staff members may borrow books from the collections with a currently validated SRJC ID card. SRJC students, faculty, and staff may also borrow laptop computers for in-building use with a currently validated SRJC ID card. Through a reciprocal borrowing agreement with the Sonoma State University Library, SRJC students may also obtain a free, one-semester courtesy borrower card for the Sonoma State University Library by presenting proof of current SRJC registration to the Sonoma State University Library Circulation Desk staff.
Community members are welcome to use the SRJC Libraries print collections inside the Doyle and Mahoney Library buildings. If a community member needs to borrow materials, a Community Borrower Card that is valid for the current semester may be obtained for a fee of $10.00. Cards are issued to those who can show proof of residence in Sonoma County and who are 18 years of age or older. Find information about how to register.
Patron Borrowing Types
The following patron groups have borrowing privileges at the SRJC Libraries:
- SRJC Students
- Faculty and Staff
- Gold Card Patrons
- Sonoma State University Student Courtesy Cards
- Community Borrower Card Patrons
Residents of Sonoma County, 18 years or older, who are not currently enrolled at SRJC, may apply for a Community User account which offers one-hour of library computer use daily, but does not have borrowing privileges. Full information for Community User accounts is available.
SRJC Library Loan Periods
- Books - three weeks
- Compact discs - one week
- Audio tapes - two weeks
- Reference books, magazines, and newspapers (in-building use only)
- Reserve books - various loan periods: two hours (in-building use only), four hours, one day or three days, depending on the item
- Laptop computers, iPads, and calculators - three hours (in-building use only)
- Calculators - semester length checkout - up to the end of the current semester
- Limit of two renewals per book. Online renewals are available at the catalog login page.
- Renewed books are subject to recall if another student requests the book.
- Regular books - $0.25 per day per item; $10 maximum fine
- Reserve books - two hour and four hour: $1 per hour; one day and three day: $2.50 per day; $150 maximum fine
- iPads - $10 per hour; $50 maximum fine
- Laptop computers - $10 per hour; $50 maximum fine
- Calculators TI 30X Solar Scientific; TI 84 Plus and TI 89 Titanium - $10 per day; $50 maximum fine
Charges for Lost or Damaged Library Materials
- Regular books - $50
- Art books, oversized books - $75
- Reserve books - $250
- iPads - $1,500
- Kindles - $500
- Laptop computers - $2,500
- TI 30X Solar Scientific - $25
- TI 84 Plus and TI 89 Titanium - $200
- Connectivity Cables - $10 each
Paying Fines and Fees
Payment may be made at the Accounting Office in Bailey Hall, online via the student portal, by mail, or by phoning (707) 527-4973. If you are being charged for an item replacement, the fee may be reduced by return of the item in good condition. Please contact the Circulation Desk of Doyle or Mahoney Library if you have any questions.